5 DAYS - WILDLIFE SAFARI MT. ELGON AND KIDEPO VALLEY NATIONAL PARK
This package will take you to Mt. Elgon also locally called Masaaba and the ethnicity that host the mountain that are called the Bamasaaba.
Day 1: Kampala – Mbale
- Depart Kampala for eastern Uganda. You will stop over at Namawojolo market; buy and enjoy chicken and other local eats such as gonja plus varieties of fruits to enjoy as you proceed.
- Pass via the source of river Nile – the longest river in the world and Owen falls dam
- Proceed and have your lunch in Mbale town
- After lunch, proceed to Mt. Elgon for forest walk. Be on the lookout for Tacazze sun bird, bronze napped pigeon, and hartlaub’s turaco among others.
- In the evening, head for Sipi falls lodge for your overnight stay.
Day 2: Sipi lodge – Apoka lodge
- After your early breakfast, drive north eastwards and head for Apoka lodge in Kidepo valley National Park
- You will enjoy the scenic views as you drive along. The massive savannah vegetation usher you into the Park.
- Have your lunch at Apoka lodge
- In the evening, get into your vehicles and take a game drive. You will view the ostrich, kori, Carmine and variety of both animal and bird species.
- Return to Apoka lodge for overnight stay.
Day 3: Kidepo Valley National Park
- After the early morning breakfast, leave your lodge and head to the Park for a game drive
- You will see variety of bird and animal species. Be on the lookout for herds of buffalos, elephants, some lions, duikers among others plus variety of bird species.
- Return to Apoka lodge for lunch
- In the evening, go with a ranger guide and head to Morungule Mountain for forest walk.
- You will have a greater view of the Park, watch birds and game
- Return to Apoka lodge for dinner and overnight
Day 4: Nature Walk and a cultural / community walk
- Take a game drive to the hot springs via the Kidepo River
- You will view ostriches, leopards, tortoises as you proceed
- Have your packed lunch out there
- Thereafter, go for a community walk to the neighboring Karimajong community
- Visit the Manyattas – the typical Karimajong homestead
- Interact with these nomads, Return to Apoka lodge for the overnight
Day 5: Kidepo – Kampala
- After breakfast, you may depart and return to Kampala via Lira and Karuma
- Arrive Kampala in the evening.