3 DAYS - WILDLIFE SAFARI - QUEEN ELIZABETH
Queen Elizabeth National Park – named after the Queen of England lies in Western Uganda district of Kasese. It is a world biosphere site and a visit here enables you see the big animals while on the game drive. The boat cruise on Kazinga channel is a worthwhile experience, include it on your trip!
Day 1: Kampala – Mweya safari Lodge
- After an early breakfast, leave your hotel and head for western Uganda. You will make a stopover at the Equator line – enjoy a life time experience of being at this hemisphere as you take photographs. Take some time to marvel and buy the variety of handcrafts. Handcrafts
- Proceed to Mbarara for lunch. Mbarara is a fast growing town and offers variety of both local and international dishes. Do not miss out on the famous Ankole long-horned cattle.
- Continue with the journey as you enjoy the beauty of Bushenyi through the tea plantations. Then as you descend, you will be awed by the western arm of the rift valley – dressed by woodland savannah. You may catch a glimpse of elephants as you proceed.
- Proceed to Mweya Safari Lodge. On the way, you could be welcomed by bush bucks, warthogs, kobs and a variety of bird species.
- Have your dinner and overnight at Mweya safari lodge – right on the Mweya peninsula overlooking the famous Kazinga channel.
Day 2: Queen Elizabeth
- Take an early breakfast and then go for a morning game drive. you will witness witness the sunrise and the Rwenzori mountains (also known as the mountains of the moon) providing a superb scenic enjoyment. On the game drive, you will see lions, leopards, waterbucks, Uganda kobs, topis, elephants, bushbucks and several others plus a variety of bird species and magnificent vegetation.
- Return to the lodge and relax as you wait for your lunch. After lunch, head for a boat cruise on Kazinga channel. Kazinga channel is naturally endowed with plenty of bird species including the rare shoebill stock, providing a great platform for bird watching and photography. It is also home for a dense population of hippos.
- Return to your lodge and relax as you enjoy the beauty of Mweya peninsula.
Day 3: Mweya safari Lodge – Kyambura gorge – Kampala
- Depart early in the morning after your breakfast and head for Kyamura gorge. Here you will track chimps and also undertake a guided nature walk as you watch birds and butterflies.
- Depart for Kampala and stop in Mbarara for lunch. Proceed and gaze at the beautiful plains and vegetation on the way. You will arrive in Kampala in the evening.