2 DAY WILDLIFE & BIRD WATCHING – LAKE MBURO
This short trip meets the needs of both local and international visitors with limited time hence cannot manage a long safari. ARC ensures that in the little time, you have a trip.
Day 1: Kampala – Lake Mburo
- After an early morning breakfast, leave your hotel in Kampala and head for Western Uganda
- En route, you will find a local community popular for making local drums and crafts and a fruit market. Stop over, admire and buy yourselves souvenirs. Proceed for the equator line and take photographs
- Have your lunch at Igongo cultural Centre
- Take an educative tour of Igongo museum as you learn about the history and culture of the tribes of South - Western Uganda
- Enjoy the environ as you take photographs
- A traditional dance can be arranged
- In the evening, leave Igongo and drive to the Lake Mburo Park headquarters
- Have dinner and overnight at Lake Mburo NP
Day 2: Lake Mburo – Kampala
- After a very early breakfast, take a morning game drive. It has to be early so that you find all animal species while still busy feeding and hunting before they go to sleep
- On the game drive, look out for zebras, topis, water hogs, waterbucks, etc
- Return to your lodge for lunch in the park grounds as you marvel at the vegetation, animals and birds within the park
- After lunch, take a boat cruise on the lake giving you a greater chance of watching bird species that you missed on the game drive. Don’t miss the rare shoebill stock!
- In the late afternoon, game drive out of the park and proceed to Kampala
- Arrive Kampala in the evening.