13 DAYS - WILDLIFE AND BIRDING ADVENTURE
For birders, this adventure gives a rewarding experience as you view variety of bird species in our forests. Murchison Falls- Kibale-Queen Elizabeth – Bwindi – Mgahinga Gorilla NP.
Day 1: Kampala – Murchison Falls
- Leave Kampala for Murchison Falls National Park
- Stopover in Nakasongola for rhino tracking and birding
- Proceed to the Park via Masindi while birding all the way. Have lunch en route
- Visit the top of mighty Murchison falls as you bird watch. Then proceed to your lodge as you make brief game viewing stops en route
- Retire for the night at the accommodation of your choice.
- Murchison falls has over 450 species recorded such as the rare shoebill stock, Saddle billed stork, red-necked falcon, Green –backed Heron, Fulvous Whistling Duck and Blue-breasted Bee-eater.
Day 2: Murchison Falls
- After breakfast, take a game drive to the Albert Nile delta.
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- Launch trip to the bottom of the mighty Murchison falls while viewing crocodiles, hippos and birds lazing around on the banks of the Nile.
- Look out for the rare Shoebill stork and the fish eagle
Day 3: Murchison Falls – Kibale Forest NP
- After an early morning breakfast, leave the Park and head for Budongo forest
- Bird at Budongo forest with birdlife of up to 332 recorded species including the rare blue throated roller, dwarf kingfisher, velvet – mantled drongo and grey –chinned sunbird.
- A three hour walk will enable you see up to 60 bird species. Budongo is also rich with chimpanzees, monkeys and other primates.
- Have lunch in Masindi
- Proceed and spend overnight in Hoima at hotel of your choice
Day 4: Hoima - Kibale Forest Conservation Area
- Have an early breakfast and head for Kibale via Fortportal. You will pass through big tea plantations
- Arrive Fortportal in time for lunch and have it.
- Spend the rest of the day birding Bigodi swamps
- Dinner and overnight at accommodation of your choice within Kibale forest
Day 5: Kibale Forest Conservation Area
- Spend the day birding in Kibale forest. It has over 320 recorded bird species such as the yellow-spotted nicator, yellow rumped tinkerbird, little greenbul, green breasted pitta, the African pitta, the crowned eagle as well as wetland species
- Dinner and overnight at your lodge
Day 6: Kibale - Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Bird the crater lakes as you head for Queen Elizabeth National Park
- In Queen Elizabeth, there are over 500 recorded bird species such as the shoebill stork, the black bee eater, kingfisher, falcons, eagles, flamingos and other varieties.
- Have an early lunch at Mweya
- Boat cruise on kazinga channel. Here, you will enjoy a vast array of birds, hippos and other animals
- Return to Mweya for dinner and overnight
Day 7: Maramagambo forest
- Take an early morning breakfast and head for Maramagambo forest. You will take packed lunch. Bird Maramagambo forest, Lake Kikorongo and Kasenyi track
- Visit the bat caves with a rare concetration of bats
- Return to Mweya for dinner and overnight
Day 8: Mweya – Bwindi Impenetrable forest NP
- Start with an early breakfast
- Then, head for Kyambura gorge for Chimp tracking
- Leave for Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Bird around the water falls, the main track and the area round the camp
- Bwindi has over 350 species, more than 184 which are endemic to the forest. Birding in this park allows you see up to 100 bird species a day including the great blue turaco, the Black-billed Turaco, the Crested Guinea and Africa’s friendliest bird – the Pied Wagtail.
- Overnight at accommodation of your choice
Day 9: Ruhija
- Set off for Ruhija (in Bwindi) after your early breakfast. With your guide, bird Mubwindi swamps
- Spend the rest of the day birding around Ruhija
- Overnight in Bwindi
Day 10: Ruhija – Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Bird the Ruhija area and then continue to Kisoro
- Bird Echuya forest en route
- Over 79 bird species have been recorded in Mgahinga including the coloured Rwenzori turaco and the rare Grauer’s swamp warber
- Dine and overnight at hotel of your choice
Day 11: Mgahinga gorilla national park
- After breakfast, head for the forest and bird entire day. You will carry your packed lunch
- Return to Kisoro town for overnight
Day 12: Kabale – Lake Bunyonyi
- Drive to Kabale after breakfast
- Head for Lake Bunyonyi decorated with 29 beautiful islands and several bird species from where the Lake derives its name
- Do canoeing to Bushara island as you bird and have lunch there
- After lunch, take a tour of the Lake and enjoy the beauty as you bird on other islands and shores
- Dine and overnight at accommodation facility of your choice
Day 13: Kabale - Kampala
- Depart from Lake Bunyonyi after an early breakfast
- Via kabala town, enjoy the cold breeze and the beautiful scenery all through and have your lunch in Mbarara
- Continue to Kampala as you stop and buy fruits and crafts along the way
- Arrive Kampala in the evening.