1 DAY - THE RHINO SANCTUARY
The sanctuary is located about 100 miles north of Kampala on the road to Gulu & Murchson falls National Park. This excursion enables you to view the rhinos in the wild at a close but safe range guided by well trained and experienced guides.
- After an early breakfast, leave Kampala and head for Nakasongola
- You will pass via the historical Luwero triangle famous for Uganda’s liberation war.
- Branch off from the road to Murchison falls and head for the sanctuary
- With well-groomed ranger guide, track the southern white rhinos
- Have lunch in the rhino restaurant
- After your lunch, you could take a guided nature walk while watching the variety of bird species and other aspects of beauty for this part of Uganda.
- Take a shoebill canoe ride
- Return to Kampala in the late afternoon.
- You could continue to Ndere Center for a treat on Uganda’s traditional/ cultural dances if it’s a Wednesday, Friday or Sunday normally starting at 7: 00 pm.