1 DAY - KAMPALA CITY TOUR
TOUR CODE: ARC 002
Kampala is popularly known as a city built on seven hills; Kasubi, Kampala, Kibuli, Mengo, Lubaga, Namirembe and Nsambya. The trip takes you to major sites of historical importance to Uganda as well as markets. Enjoy mingling with hospitable Ugandans in our markets
- After your early breakfast, depart your hotel and head for Kasubi tombs. This is where the kings for the Buganda kingdom were buried. You will be guided by the site guides. You will pass vai Nakasero market for variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and other varieties of foodstuffs.
- From here, drive to the Namirembe cathedral the oldest cathedral for the Protestants and where the remains of Bishop James Hannington were buried.
- Then proceed to Rubaga cathedral for Catholics on Rubaga hill. Tour and learn about the Uganda martyrs the history of Christianity in Uganda
- From here, you will pass the the King’s palace and the Kabaka’s lake
- Drive to the Uganda museum and take a guided tour as you learn more about Uganda’s history and cultural heritage.
- Have lunch in the neigborhood
- Then continue to Namugongo Martyrs shrines where 22 young boys were killed for refusing to denounce their Christian faith
- Return to yoir hotel in the evening