1 DAY - JINJA SOURCE OF THE NILE & RIPON FALLS
The day’s trip to Jinja enables you visit the world’s second longest River, its source, the beautiful falls and the Nile breweries. It is a lifetime experience worth undertaking.
- After breakfast, set off from your Kampala hotel for Jinja – once an industrial town
- Stop over at the Namawojolo fruit market, buy fruits, enjoy roasted chicken, extra
- Then drive through Mabira forest where several forest bird species and at times some primates such as Colubus monkeys can be spotted. You will travel through tea estates, sugar cane plantations and other mixed farming activities
- Arrive at the famous Owen Falls Dam constructed as early as 1954 on the River Nile. Proceed via Jinja town to Masese fishing village and mingle with the fishermen and see the Nile Perch and Tilapia fresh from Lake Victoria.
- Proceed to Ripon falls – a spot on which John Speke became the first white man to identify the source of the Nile.
- Lunch out in one of the restaurants in Jinja town. In the afternoon take a tour of Bujagali falls and learn about the Basoga traditional beliefs about the falls. Thereafter, go to Jinja sailing club and relax on the shores of Lake Victoria
- Return to Kampala in the evening.